Yoga is an ancient discipline that has it roots in India. It’s not just a form of exercise, but a way of life that involves mind, body and soul. Yoga exercises have gained popularity worldwide do their effectiveness. If correctly practiced, it helps in disciplining the mind and also improving your health.
There are different categories of yoga but the most common you will come across are Hatha yoga, Bikram yoga, Raja yoga, Ashtanga yoga, Iyengar yoga and Vinyasa yoga. These help in giving flexibility and strength to your body and help you relax. When you want to improve your overall health, yoga can positively affect many aspects of your daily life. They range from a feeling of spiritual joy to living active. Let’s take a close looks at the health benefits of two of the most popular types of yoga.
Hatha yoga involves a series of poses that includes breathing plus meditation techniques. Its benefits include:
- Stress Management – If you practice Hatha yoga more frequently, it will be easier for you to manage stress, through the different classes offered.
- Relaxing the Mind – Pranayama forms an important part of yoga, as it helps in relaxing the mind and, therefore, creating peace of mind. Pranayama gives focus to the breathing process. It involves several breathing exercises that relieves stress and improves concentration.
- Breathing Issues – Bronchitis and asthma patients are advised to go for a session of pranayama to ease their discomfort. The deep breathing techniques are a great solution to ease these conditions.
- Physical Benefits – In yoga classes you are taught different postures that improve your flexibility and bone strength. If you have a lifestyle disorder like obesity and gaining too much weight, try Hatha yoga. It’s an exercise that can greatly help you get rid of these problems.
Bikram yoga includes 26 postures and is not performed at room temperature. The temperature may be as high as 105 degrees Fahrenheit when working through a routine. This helps in the following ways:
- Detoxify the Body – Bikram yoga is performed in a hot environment, so a person will sweat a lot. This helps in detoxifying the body through expelling toxins in the form of sweat. Removal of toxins leads to a healthy body.
- Promote Weight Loss – When you attend yoga classes daily, your metabolism rate is improved, and this provides stimulus to the process of burning calories and, therefore, losing weight.
- Provides Mental Stability – Apart from being physically fit, yoga enhances mental health. The sweaty and vigorous poses of yoga works wonders to increase concentration levels and ease stress – therefore resulting in a peaceful mind.
- Fight Allergies – Good practice of yoga postures done in a relaxing manner accompanied by slow but deep breathing helps in relaxing the nervous system. This helps to fight allergies. Try Kapalabhati breathing which is great for some allergies since it forces the mucus out. Meditation and relaxation techniques calm the nerves and help to loosen muscles, which aids in treating some allergies.
When routine life becomes hectic or an allergy aggravates, perform yoga postures which strengthen the body’s natural resistance. This will help the body end toxic reactions plus strengthen the liver, which boosts immunity. Practicing yoga has many benefits. The journey of self-improvement begins on the first step of yoga. Here you focus on improving power and strength without too much fatigue, unlike other forms of exercise.